Actors’ Equity Association 2022 Election
I’m proud to announce my candidacy for an Eastern Principal Seat on AEA’s National Council.
I’m an actress and voiceover artist, originally from Pittsburgh, now based in NYC. I earned my Equity card through the EMC program, and have worked contracts including the SPT, LOA-NYC, Dinner Theatre, LORT, and NEAT agreements. I have served as Deputy, and am a current member of Equity’s Membership Education and Engagement Action Team.
I am running for an Eastern Principal seat on the National Council because I believe we need greater representation on Council for stage managers and actors who primarily work contracts that pay less than the Production Contract, and who rely on union-negotiated auditions and interviews as a means of accessing employment and advancing our careers. I want to be your voice in Council to improve our daily experience of interacting with our union and employers.
- I want to fortify contracts and rulebooks with language that further protects our rights and working conditions.
- I want to make it easier for members to access necessary support from union staff on the Member Portal, by e-mail, and over the phone.
- I want to increase proactive communication from union leadership to membership about AEA’s current priorities and initiatives.
- I want to extend the reach of AEA’s education programs so that members and future members are better equipped to advocate for our rights.
I am working closely with a campaign called Equity Next, and am running on a slate with fellow member Katie Young (Eastern Stage Manager).
I am grateful for your vote, and the opportunity to work with my talented and committed peers on Council to bring about these changes for all of us.
- Tuesday April 26th: Distribution of ballots (from balloting company)
- Monday May 16th: Deadline to request replacement paper ballot from balloting company (by 8:00 PM Eastern/7:00 PM Central/5:00 PM Pacific)
- Tuesday May 24th: Deadline for receipt of ballots (by 5:00 PM Eastern/4:00pm Central/2:00 PM Pacific) AND Deadline for members to be paid up in their dues, to have their ballots counted (by 5:00 PM Eastern/4:00 PM Central/2:00 PM Pacific)
- Wednesday May 25th: Tabulation Day
- Thursday May 26th: Notification of results
- Monday June 6th: Deadline to submit election protests